Sunday, June 27, 2010

Coxsackie and Toy Story

Poor Carter John has a nasty nasty virus called Coxsackie. Funny name?! Evidentally, it's named after a town in New York on the Hudson, where it was first discovered. Who knew? Anyway, it presents with a fever, diahrea and blisters. OH, the blisters. Carter has one on the end of his cute little nose, on his chin and in his diaper area. His toushy looks like it hurts so bad, but he doesn't fuss much. He did before we had the 102 fever under control. Since it's a virus, there isn't a thing we can do for him, except make him comfortable. I just hope Nolan doesn't get it. It's not pretty.
On another note, Nolan went to his first ever movie today, we had a 'mommy date'. I took him to see Toy Story 3, which I have to say is kind of dark and a little scary...especially for a movie named TOY STORY! Regardless, Nolan was excited to go and had a great time. We got popcorn and a booster chair for Nolan so he could see. It took him until the lights went out to understand that we don't talk at the top of our lungs about everything we see. I think he entertained the family in front of us. But once the lights were out, he was really great! Eventually, he ended up sitting on my lap and during one section his heart was racing...like I said it's a little scary. At least I think so. All in all, it was a good experience. They only thing I regret is that he saw the preview for the Thomas movie. I hope he forgets, I don't think I can sit through that one!

No comments: